Spring is in full effect in Walla Walla.
So far, I have done an admirable job of sticking to my plan, keeping the chickens in, rebounding when they escape (and destroy!) and keeping the garden weeded. We relocated the raspberries, and I finally got all the sunflowers flung.
- Corno di Toro
- Snack Pack
- Thai Red
- Bulgarian Carrot
- Yellow Bumbleebee
- Chocolate Cherry
- Amana Orange
- Japanese Trifele
- Rose De Berne
- Green Zebra
- Pink Caspian
Successes and Failures
- Success: Finished my compost in time to use in all of my garden beds.
- Success: I have amaranth growing! And cabbages! And potatoes!
- Success: Things are still relatively simple!
And I didn’t fall for a single cucumber or zucchini plant!
- (mild) Failure: Only a third of the peas I planted germinated.
- (potential) Failure: Two eggplants were really thrashed by the chickens.
- Failure: Most of my zinnia starts are toast.